I have been obsessed with candles lately! I guess it’s because we are in the dead of winter and I have been burning some tropical scents 🙂
I’m very conscious about my health and I only use very clean burning candles and of course since they are better quality candles they are more expensive. So I like to make them last as long as I can. So here are a few tips on how you can take better care of your candles and make them last as long as possible!
Here are some tips for making your candles last
- Before you light the candle each time make sure and trim the wick to about 1/4 inch. Discard the trimming, don’t leave it in the candle. If you are burning the candle for more than 3-4 hours it’s a good idea to blow it out, let it cool, trim it again and then relight it.
- Burn your candle for at least 1 hour for each inch in diamenter.
- If possible keep a burning candle away from drafts. A draft will cause it to burn uneven.
- Always burn on a heat resistant, level surface.
- Discontinue use when there is less than 1/2″ of wax left. This prevents damage to your table top.
- To remove remaining wax from a holder/jar, freeze the jar for 1-2 hour and then wax should pop out. If there are any remain traces you can run the jar under hot water and then use a paper towel to wipe it away.
- Store in a cool dry dark place. Candles are sensitive to temperature and light, so store them in a cool, dry, dark place to avoid color fading, melting, or cracking. Keep them out of direct sunlight.
- Never leave a candle unattained.
What are your tips? Post them below.
Candles pictured are from PartyLite
Click the button below and stay connected. Learn when I post a new blog post, contest, classes and more!