I came up with this creation one Sunday morning. It was one of those mornings where I looked around and we were out of our usual breakfast items. We do have a grocery store just a half mile from us so I could of easliy went and retrieve a few things but it was a freaking freezing -5 degrees out and well I wasn’t going anywhere.
So after raiding the freezer and fridge here is what I came up with. This became a easy and quick breakfast solution that was delicious and gluten free!
Easy and Quick Breakfast solution – Potato Towers
- Potato Patties
- 2 Italian Sausage Links
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch Wildtree Mediterranean Dry Rub
- sliced grape tomatoes
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat up the patties in one pan.
- In another pan mix sausage, red pepper, onion, salt, pepper and Mediterranean Dry Rub. Crumble the sausage and heat until cooked through.
- Place the cooked patties on a plate, top with sausage mixture and then top with tomatoes and cheese.
- OPTIONAL: For my husband I also made a gravy for his by mixing some flour, water and pepper.
Note: The potato patties I use are the Peapod brand and they are gluten free, but sure to check because not all are GF. Peapod is a grocery delivery service, I use them all the time because they have a great selection of organic and gluten free products.