Sometimes there just isn’t enough time to make things the right way and you have cheat a little. Tonight I made a Taco Pie, even with a few short cuts it was a deliciously easy dinner.
By cheating I mean I didn’t create the crust, I used Pilsbury’s Gluten Free dough. I took the dough and pressed it into the pie plate.
Meanwhile I was browning the ground beef and then added in the taco seasoning.
Yes, that would be my son, he kept photo bombing my shoots. It’s a new hobby of his…lol.
Next spread the meat into the pie crust and cook it for 10 minutes, remove and add the cheese. Then place it back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Take it out, let it cool and add your choice of toppings. I used tomatoes, lettuce, black olives and finished with a little guacamole on the side.
- Prepared Pie Dough (I used Gluten Free)
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 5 tsp Wildtree Taco Seasoning (or your own blend)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used veggie shreds to make it dairy free)
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 med tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lightly grease your pie pan and cover with piecrust. Meanwhile Brown Ground Turkey and cook through.
- Add the Taco seasoning and water to Turkey. Bring to simmer and cook until water has evaporated.
- Place meat in pie crust and bake in over for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese, return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove from oven again and let cool for 5 minutes then top with lettuce, tomato, and your other favorite toppings!
Click the button below and stay connected. Learn when I post a new blog post, contest, classes and more!